Friday 23 May 2008

Question of the Day – Is IQ Important?

How interesting. It appears all was not well at work during my vocation. My replacement was a young girl who seemed to be very enthusiastic about the chance to try my job, and very eager to learn. Turns out, she’s described by my colleagues as ‘slow’, ‘not very fast on up-taking’ and – on one sad occasion – as a ‘null, complete and utter null’. This is disappointing. Especially since the last comment comes from my boss.
I probably shouldn’t but I still feel somewhat responsible. I forced her on them, didn’t I? I was the one who wanted vocation so badly that any replacement at all would’ve seemed good to me. And she seemed so… nice and delicate, and diligent.
Frankly, my job ain‘t no rocket science. I never thought anything could happen in two measly weeks. Thankfully, this girl didn’t screw up anything important, mostly just got on people’s toes and nerves. And she also called me for instructions, like, three times a day. In retrospect, it should have given me a clue. Her questions were about the most mundane things that could be solved with a bit of brains applied. Oh well.

No comments: