Monday 12 March 2007

It's my pity party; I'll whine if I want to, I'll whine if I want to...

Oh god, I feel so dense today.

My brain is covered in a mist of sleep I lack. Everything is fuzzy and coated in light dust that forms subtle shapes and diminishes sounds. I should be home sleeping yet here I am – sitting at my desk and pretending to actually do some work. No luck with that so far. That is, no luck with the doing. I’m getting quite good at pretending.

Reason? Why, a book, of course. Yes, I know I should expect the consequences if I read till 4am when I’m supposed to get up at 7am the next morning. Still. It’s not entirely my fault if they write so exciting books nowadays, now is it? I just couldn’t bring myself to put it down.

I’m not making much sense today. Visions of soft beds and warm blankets efficiently prevent me from that. Even double bull’s dose of coffee didn’t help. Eep. I wanna go home.

No comments: