Thursday 24 April 2008

Question of the Day - How Long Does It Take to Write a Novel?

Words just keep flowing out of me. It’s been so long since I’ve felt compelled to write things off my chest. It’s a strange feeling.

Good part – no one is obliged to read this blog thing. I can write whatever I want and pretend it’s been sent into the outer space or something. Somewhere. That’s what matters to me. Does it sound egocentric? Well who cares, really?

The cat I mentioned yesterday - Persian boy - really did find a home already. I’m relieved and very happy for the cat. Poor thing didn’t deserve such treatment.

What else? Nothing too important, I guess.

I finished reading Queen of Glass by S.J. Mass recently. I can heartily recommend it to everyone who likes fantasy, fairy-tales and the like. It’s an excellent, mind blowing, wonderful Cinderella remake of ominous length. Truly gorgeous, I tell you. I enjoyed every page of it, and there’re lots and lots of pages.

Actually, I’ve finished reading many books recently. I read as a mad-woman lately. No day can I go through without a book nearby. And when I’m too tired to read I watch movies. I suck in any new story thrown at me like an over-eager vacuum-cleaner. What do I plan to do with all this information, I haven’t the slightest idea. Thankfully, I still have the ability to recognize and spit out lacking ones. At least I hope so.

I’ve also taken to planning a detective story for my sister. I have a wonderful idea about contraband and two twelve year old boys discovering a cunning scheme for an illegal transit route. It’s all very exciting but at the rate I keep going… let’s just say it’s a good thing I made the main protagonists twelve. Since my sister isn’t even 10 yet, I’ve still got more than two years. I hope I’ll get to the actual writing some day this year. Planning is fun but it is by far not enough. Well, author of previously mentioned Queen of Glass spent 5 years on her novel. I hope I’ll manage somewhat faster. If not, I’ll have to upgrade the protagonists to teenagers, gift them with hormones and so on. Very complicated. And a good motivator to work faster.

Other news – spring is in the air! It’s warm and nice, and sunny, and bright, and almost green! I love this time of the year.

No comments: